Surin Elephants & Loy Krathong
The Surin Elephant Roundup is a cultural festival held every year in Surin, Northeast Thailand. The festival has its origins in the ancient royal hunts which were conducted in the province around the time when the Roman Empire was collapsing. Where there were once a vast wild elephant population in the Kingdom estimated at the beginning of the 20th century to be in excess of 300,000 with a further 100,000 domesticated elephants, today there are as few as 3,000 – 3,700 wild elephants and a total captive population of 3,500 – 4,000.
Surin, the northeastern province is very well known to both Thai people and international tourists as “the Land of Elephants.” It has been presenting the Elephant Round-Up for more than 50 years. Now, as an internationally recognized event, Elephant Round-Up begins with a wonderful elephant parade through the streets, and the famous “elephant breakfast”. After that, the shows also include elephant talent competitions, demonstration of the various techniques used to capture and train elephants, a presentation of ancient elephant warfare techniques, a series of shows displaying the strength and skill of the animals.
Fabulous experience, Miles & Bpuk make a great team!
This was our 3rd Thai Motorcycle Tour which should speak for itself. Miles & Bpuk make the most perfect hosts, Miles leads the way at whatever pace suits the group with Bpuk following on in the truck carrying the luggage etc. If you only ever visit Thailand once, make it count & take one of the Thai Motorcycle Tours letting Miles & Bpuk take great care of you.how she manages to arrive only a few minutes after the bikes never ceases to amaze me! Nothing is too much trouble for this amazing husband & wife team, they totally want their guests to have a fabulous experience & love Thailand. Each tour has just the right balance of challenging riding, easier relaxing riding with plenty opportunities daily to experience the local culture from bathing elephants, visiting caves, evening street markets, hill tribe villages & temples.9.2 / 102 0
- Extended Tours
- Rewards / Corporate
- Culture & Heritage
Need help booking? Talk to us!+66 (0)93-297-9600 email@example.com WhatsApp Facebook Messenger
- Accommodation basing on twin-sharing rooms.
- Airport transfer.
- English / Thai-speaking guide service.
- Sightseeing, admission fees and entrance fees all-inclusive as specified.
- All meals, accommodation, fuel, bikes, maintenance items
- VAT and service charge also included.
- Guests expected to organise Travel / Riding insurance with their home providers.
- All of airfares, airport tax, visa fee
- Personal expenses, optional visit and other services unspecified
- Surcharge for special occasion, gala dinner on Christmas, New Year,…
- Please Follow This Booking Advisory: For your convenience you may book flights after Your Tour, Consequently grab the BEST airfares, usually 8-10weeks before travel
- i) Book Required Tour. Create User Account for later ease of use
- iii) We'll Check your Booking & be in touch (usually within 48hrs): Confirming Your Booking / Dates / Extras etc
- iv) Remit Deposit Amount (15%) of Invoice (Taxes all Included in our prices)
- v) You're Booked! We'll be in touch regarding details, bits & pieces,etc. Your Booking remains infinitely variable apart from the 'Core-Tour-Dates', anything else maybe edited by you, at any time for your personal convenience
- Please take a look at our FAQ's Page Here, there will be the answers that I'm then able to elaborate on for individual cases
- Payment in full required 60days before Tour Commences. Cancellation after that date; 80% until 30days, 50% until 14days & 30% after