Swimming Buddha & DragonBoat Races
We begin with "Bathing the Buddha" or Um Phra Dam Nam ceremony: held each September in Petchabun Province in honor of a Buddha statue called Phra Buddha Mahadhamaracha. It all began when the statue, cast in the ornamental Lop Buri style, was found in the Pasak River by a group of farmers around four hundred years ago and was taken to be housed in Wat Trai Phum. According to local legend, the Buddha statue has twice disappeared from the temple only to be discovered again in the water. Consequently, a water oriented Buddhist holiday pays homage to the mystical image of the Buddha.
So if the legends are true, if you don't take him for a dip he'll take himself anyway?
The ceremony starts at 1 p.m. when the Buddha statue is carried around town and put under a tent in Wat Trai Phum, where Buddhists can pay respect to the image and stick gold leaf to the body of the Buddha statue. In the evening, prayers are chanted and there are various kinds of entertainment. The next morning, people make merit by donating food and other necessities to the temple’s resident monks. The Buddha statue is then taken to be immersed in the Pasak River by the local governor of Phetchabun in the belief that this act brings happiness and fertility to the province.
Onto the Main Event!
Traditional dances are then performed to show respect to the Buddha statue.After the ceremony, the water in the river is regarded as sacred. As a result, people swim in it or take the water to drink before a festive boat racing begins. Obviously the home advantage & sacred waters aren't considered biased at all...
It's great racing!
Need help booking? Talk to us!+66 (0)97 297 9600 firstname.lastname@example.org WhatsApp Facebook Messenger
- Accommodation basing on twin-sharing rooms.
- Airport transfer.
- English / Thai-speaking guide service.
- Sightseeing, admission fees and entrance fees all-inclusive as specified.
- All meals, accommodation, fuel, bikes, maintenance items
- VAT and service charge also included.
- Guests expected to organise Travel / Riding insurance with their home providers.
- All of airfares, airport tax, visa fee
- Personal expenses, optional visit and other services unspecified
- Surcharge for special occasion, gala dinner on Christmas, New Year,…
- Please Follow This Booking Advisory: For your convenience you may book flights after Your Tour
- i) Book Required Tour. Create User Account
- ii) Now you're able grab the BEST airfares, usually 8-10weeks before travel
- iii) We'll Check your Booking & be in touch (usually within 48hrs): Confirming Your Booking / Dates / Extras etc
- iv) Remit Deposit Amount (15%) of Invoice (Taxes all Included in our prices)
- v) You're Booked! We'll be in touch regarding details, bits & pieces, etc. Your Booking remains infinitely variable apart from the 'Core-Tour-Dates', anything else maybe edited by you, at any time for your personal convenience
- Please take a look at our FAQ's Page Here, there will be the answers that I'm then able to elaborate on for individual cases
- Payment in full required 60days before Tour Commences. Cancellation after that date; 80% until 30days, 50% until 14days & 30% after